CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 20, 2007

0503HRS and Wide Awake

Well, here it is , 0503 hrs and I am wide awake and not at work. I wanted to go to bed early tonight, but instead I sat up talking with some friends until 2 something. Went and layed in bed and tossed and turned. So I came back downstairs , logged on and added some pictures to my blog. Trying to figure out how to transfer some of my old blogs from my myspace to this one. Everyone in the house is SOUND asleep even the cats and dog. So as I sit here and think about the progress reports that came home today, I am pleasantly pleased with the results. Considering its a new school, first marking period. John and Jayme are doing good, John just needs to learn how to sit still and not move around as much. They are both working hard, I want to believe and by the time report cards come out, they will be on track and ready to go. Jordan had mostly all A's and 1 C there is another grade I will not mention, which she claims she will have brought up by report card. I have 100% faith that she will get the grade up so she will continue to be on the A/B Honor Roll again this year. All in All I think they are doing very well considering they all started a new school and are having to make new friends, learn their way around and ride the bus to and from.
My wife has started her new hours this week , she is now working from 0630-1530hrs mon-fri. She is really happy about that because she gets to spend more time with the kids and gets to be more of a mom again.
I want to at this moment tell everyone how very proud of my wife I am, because she has been working hard over the last month, trying to get herself eating better, loose a few pounds and over all get in better shape. She has lost a total of 19 LBS and I am extremely PROUD OF HER !!!!!! I almost envy her as she is more determined and motivated than I am. She makes the time to exercise and eat better. Me, I am too exhausted and just can't get the motivation going. I had some motivation when My friend Gabe was talking to me about running a marathon in January. I started eating better, started riding a bike, look for his encouraging words from time to time. But Gabe has become a little too busy with his own training and busy life that we don't talk as much as we used to. I want to Congratulate Gabe for completing the OUC Triathalon this past weekend. I only wish I had 1/2 of his energy and determination. In away I envy his will and was looking up to him as my mentor. But as I said, we don't talk much lately, alot to do with my working nights now to.

Its amazing how once I start typing on here, my thoughts go from one to another. As I type one thing, my mind has moved on to another issue/topic. Its almost like I am ADHD in my thoughts. Because I now sit here wishing I had done this or done that as far as continuing my education. I wish I was able to let my wife take a couple years of work off so she could go to nursing school and become the Best Nurse I think she is capable of being. Then while thinking about wishing we were able to go to school etc, I fear when my kids start college. How am I going to get 3 Kids into college and still afford to live? I mean I want more than anything in the world for my kids to Graduate College, and become successful in whatever they choose, just as any parent would. But I still have atleast 5 1/2 years before the first one will be college bound. Then there is my oldest. She is 19 and hasn't found herself yet. Has no path of life she wants to follow. I worry about her and her actions, but as a parent of a 19 year old, its hard to get them to listen to you and understand what you are saying is actually truthful, knowledgable and worth listening too. I want her to have a steady job/career so that one day she can have that house and car she wants. But no matter how much I try or my wife tries or anyone for that matter tries to tell her, She has to WANT it for it to actually happen. I love Ivey (my oldest) even though its hard for me to show her because of our relationship over that last few years. I want nothing but the best for her and I hope and Pray that one day she will wake up and realize "Crap, my parents have been right"

Anyways, I guess I should just end this with I hope my wife, best friend and love of my life, grows old with me, so we can enjoy (and I am afraid to say this but I will) our grandchildren and maybe even a Great Grandchild or two. I want to grow old with my wife and travel the states when we retire and not have a worry in the world about my children because we are doing the best we can to lead them down the right paths, make the right decisions and become who or what they want to be.

It is now 0533hrs and I am going to call it a night and try to lay down, even though I have to get up at 0700 to get the kids on the bus for school.

God Bless......

0 comments: