CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 28, 2007

Just my random thoughts......

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It has been a few days since I have posted on here. So I figured I would post some of my thoughts over the last few days. So here goes .........................

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thoughts #1, the cost of living here in Florida..... With the cost of living, property taxes, homeowners insurances etc, is it really worth staying here in Florida and struggling to live and have money left over at the end of the payday? Or would we be better off, listing the house for sale and moving further north somewhere where the cost of living is better. Find a good job somewhere and start a life that would be easier and more enjoyable? Could it be easier and more enjoyable?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thoughts #2, My job.... I am currently working with Fire Rescue as a 911 operator. I enjoy my job, its the hours I don't really care for anymore. I work 2 days on and 2 days off thats all good, but every four months I rotate from days to nights for 12 hour shifts. Thats what sucks about the job. I hate the night shift. Plus having to work holidays sucks when you have a family. So here is were my dilemma is... On Sept 6th I applied for a job with Code Enforcement as a Licensing Tech. It would be a Monday through Friday job regular hours. My application is still in review with Human Resources and has yet to be forwarded to the Hiring department. I have also been debating as to whether or not I should try and transfer back to the sheriff's office doing what I am doing now. My communications center is planning a consolidation which would be run by the sheriff's office, therefore making me an employee anyways. Thats not going to be for at least another year. Thats where I am trying to decide to wait or just go ahead and transfer now if I can and get it done with. But I really want the Code Enforcement job and if I transfer to the Sheriff's office and then get offered the job, it would be morally wrong for me to take the new job. So this is my confusing mess as far as my job decisions.

Well , so much for my thoughts right now, my co-worker has put in the movie "Knocked Up"
and its hilarious. So I am going to end my blog for tonight and finish watching the movie...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

LATER !!!!!!!!!

0 comments: