CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Happy Birthday to my Son John.....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Well today, November 6th, my son the youngest of the bunch turns 7. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOY, I LOVE YOU !!!!!! It is so hard to believe that he is 7 years old already. It seems like he was just learning how to walk. Before I know it , he will be graduating High School. ( As I sit here and smile ever so slightly at the thought the last child growing up and my house belonging to my wife and I once again. The thought of cheaper grocery shopping trips, the freedom to go to dinner, the movies or a mini vacation whenever we want........) OK, back to reality... LOL We are just planning on having a small party at the house on Sunday. He brought 12 invitations to school yesterday for the 12 friends he wants to invite. I hope some show up since his cousins here in town are all high school age so its not that easy to get them to show to a younger kids party...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I also want to add that I am soooo proud of my kids for their success in school. Report cards came out and John (1st grade) , Jayme (3rd grade) and Jordan (7th grade) all got straight A's and B's on their report cards !!!!! WAY TO GO KIDS , LETS KEEP IT UP......

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here is were I am going to vent a little about kids.... Jordan on Friday was sitting on the concrete roadside drain when the dogs leash knocked her cell phone out of her hand and you guessed it, right into the storm drain. She comes and wakes me up from my sleep since I worked that night, I go out side in my pajamas and look into the drain and see nothing but water. I tell her there is not much I can do and return to the house. (mind you the drain is right in my front yard on the corner.) So when I got off work at 6am Saturday morning I wasn't tired so I just sat in bed. it was around 730 and I drug my wife to the above mentioned storm drain to pry the manhole cover off the top. She spots the cell phone and I reach in with a fish net from my aquarium and pull out a cell phone that is just full of water.. And what really sucks is we didn't have the insurance on the phones like we thought so we were going to have to pay more money for a replacement. I decided at this point I was starving, so my wife and I woke the kids up and I called my Father and Step Mom and asked if they wanted to meet in Haines City for breakfast, which they did so we all met. It was a little mom/pop type joint called John's and it was a very good buffet breakfast. Well worth the drive.. (why am I telling you this with the cell phone story, well it all adds up to whats next) Jordan whom appears to still be fighting a cold or something was a little moody on the 35 minute ride back to Kissimmee to get the replacement phone. We get to the Verizon store and the cheapest phones were just over 100 bucks, so I told her if I am going to have to spend alot of money on a replacement phone, then her Mother or I would get a nice phone and she could have ours... AND LET THE POUTING BEGIN !!!!
Well the store ended up cutting a deal with us, charged us a $50 fee like they would if I had the insurance for the same phones as we all now have but in black. I also had to buy a new battery so I spent a total of $85 bucks. Ok , so here comes some more pouting by Jordan because they had to give her the battery cover from her old phone to put on her replacement phone. Now if you remember I said the replacement phone was black. The old phone was red so now she has a black phone with a red back, IT'S THE END OF LIFE AS WE KNOW IT !!!! So I proceed to tell her, I will take her phone away from her and she does not need one if she can not be thankful for what she does get. ** SIDE NOTE , I am now steaming mad cause over the last 3 weeks we spent around $500 on her Halloween party, contacts and glasses and replacement cell phone ***

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

New paragraph because here is were the fun begins. We are now about 10 minutes from the house and my wife informs Jordan and Jayme that they are switching chores a day early (Jordan on kitchen duty and Jayme on living room duty) OMG I had 2 girls in the back seat of my little bitty Honda Civic start bawling like there is no tomorrow. *** My nerves are now slowly snapping from being stretched to the point *** I just do not understand how kids can be so ungrateful at times and not appreciate the things they are given and the things that are done for them. They just want more more more... I love my kids with all my heart BUT I did not raise my kids to be like this, where are they getting it from? School? Friends? Where???
Ok, enough negativity here moving to Saturday night now....



We took my Brother in-law and Sister in-law (my wife's sister/husband) out to dinner for his birthday. We also had another friend "Gary" come along, his wife backed out last minute. We went to Sweet Tomatoes in Orlando. It was very good and our first time going. It was on the lines of buffet but with soup, salad, pasta bar and dessert bar. It was a very busy place and the food was GREAT. I will definitely go there again sometimes..

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sunday we went to the Grocery store and for 2 weeks worth of food for the house and stuff for kid's packed lunches we walked out of there spending $380.00 . This is just crazy that it costs so much now adays to eat and feed a family. The good thing is I saved $67 dollars from the buy one get free and the other sale items they had. I can't wait until my kids are grown and on their own and my wife and I can go and spend $100 bucks for 2 weeks or more .. LOL Wouldn't that be nice? ? ? Or we could just go eat dinner at our kid's houses instead..

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I am now at work its 0145 in the morning on Tuesday the 6th and I AM TIRED AND READY FOR BED. We have a new hire that has been here for about 45 days and she has been late/sick/taken off/or went home sick for 15 of those days. Today she called and said she would be late. We start at 1800 hrs(6pm) and 8 hours later she is still not here.. This girl just needs to throw in the towel and call it quits. It is time to move on...

I reckon this is enough rambling on. I am sure I lost some of you after the first paragraph, for those of you that are still here and reading, THANKS, you are great friends...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Take care and be safe and remember when no one else does or your having a bad day that "I LOVE YOU"

Later !!!!!!

1 comments:

GM said...

Glad things are going smooth man!