CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Where Do Babies come from??

So, last night was very interesting. My sister in law was over visiting and she is a hefty girl. Well my son (7 years old) was telling her she needed to hurry up and have her baby and started telling her what she should name him/her when the baby is born. My brother in law moves over and sits next to my wife and says "I think he thinks she is pregnant" and he and my wife had a good chuckle. Well My wife then says to my son "John, you do know Aunt Tasha is not pregnant and not going to have a baby right now right?" To this my son comes running over to my wife and loudly says "She needs to swallow the same seed you swallowed.

My son then asks where babies come from.. I told my wife to hold off a few days on the answer as I was renting a cute cartoon from Blockbuster called "Where Did I come From" and just to let him watch that.


* If you have kids starting to ask questions, this is a very cute cartoon for them to watch, it used to be a free rental at Blockbuster, you should check it out **

Now let me update you about me. I am sitting on the living room floor folding laundry and this is Where I am trying to hold in the burst of laughter that is starting.
This is the conversation as it continued....

Mom: I didn't swallow any seeds, who told you that?

Brother in law say to sister in law : well she's not a swallower...

Me: collapsed over laundry baskets trying to conceal my laughter...

Son: You told me that..

Mom: No, I told you that Daddy planted a seed in Mommy's tummy.

Son: How does Daddy do that?

Mom: Well, when two people love each other like mommy and daddy, they touch each other in a special way.

Myself, my Brother in Law and Sister in Law are now trying our best to cover the laughter erupting from us..

Son: How does the baby get inside you?

Mom: What do girls have that boys don't?

Son: A butt?? as he giggles

Mom: no everyone has butts, little boys have peepers right?

Son: giggles and agrees

Mom: well Girls don't and that were the baby get in.

Son: looks at her confused and giggling still

Mom: Girls have Woo-Hoo's

Son: What's a Woo-Hoo?

Dad: can no longer control laughter and has tears running out of my eyes as I am collapsed over the laundry baskets.

Mom: When you get a little older , I will explain what a Woo-Hoo is... Go take a shower..

So needless to say, this was a very entertaining night at my house. My son went and took a shower and by the time the Christmas shows started at 8pm, He had lost all interest about where do babies come from..

2 comments:

Joeprah said...

LMAO! Dude, I would have totally ruined that moment early on as I would have inevitably shot milk out of nose. Whenever there is a moment like that I am drinkig milk and it comes through my nose and usually disrupts the flow of the conversation. Funny stuff man!

Johnny said...

Kids can cause the best conversations while growing up and we have to do our best to not laugh...