CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 28, 2008

All Flows well in Johnnys World....

So here I stand at the over flowing hole from hell, which today has delivered dirt/sand all over my floors. I had to leave work at 11am on Sunday to come home to the water making its way into my kitchen. I called the sewer company again and told them they needed to come TODAY and locate my lines outside. I ran to Home Depot and rented a 75 ft power snake and while at the Home Depot the Sewer company arrives and starts hunting for lines.
After I finally got all 75 ft of snake down the hole the guys from the city said they could hear it in my front yard.

They dug a hole and found a 45 degree elbow pipe fitting. What are the odds of digging at the right spot the first time? they figured out which way it went to the street (which by the way was not the direction or side of house they originally thought) and which way the line was running into the house.

This in turn led them to the spot where my Drain out was buried in the grass. The cap was not even on correctly, thus causing mud to get into it every time it rained outside. So I brought the snake around the the drain cap and fed it through. Let me tell you it was a Glorious site seeing WATER FLOWING with ease through that pipe.


All in all I snaked about 150 ft of pipes to get it all flowing the proper way. I spent a couple more hours getting the house dry and then another hour cleaning my floors, etc with bleach water and pine sol water.
MISSION COMPLETED !!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad that little chapter of hell is closed!

Martin said...

Yay!

Stuff like that makes me hide in bed.

Arjan said...

It should have happened after you sold the house ;)