CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 26, 2008

I am an IPOD victim .....

Well, I have managed to last as long as I could. On Thursday night we broke down and became an IPOD victim. I would have never bought one for myself only because I did not see why I should pay money for a brand name. Well my brand new 13 year old Daughter has been asking for once since Christmas time. She has wanted an IPOD Nano and thus far I have been successful in not getting her one. Well Her Birthday was January 20th and she got $70 bucks cash from Grandma and Grandpa and her Nana. My wife has decided we would pay the difference. We found them on sale at Staples for $149. I spent last night trying to set the time and date, etc. Let me tell you what.. WHY of WHY did I avoid buying one of these? This thing is pretty kewl and I now want one for myself... I have included a picture of my Daughter with her new IPOD. Could she look any happier? LOL

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahah. Sometimes you just have to break down and go for it. My hubby won a nano in a company Christmas raffle and has been playing with it since. He even went out and got me an iPhone.... but that was an attempted bribe since he wants a new motorcycle.

And no, 8:15 is not too early to hop. lol

Anonymous said...

Your daughter did better than mine. I got my soon to be 13 year old an Insignia player (supports wireless bluetooth - very cool) for Christmas. She wanted the iPod but I just couldn't bring myself to support Steve Jobs.

I guess I'm more of a Linux hippie than anything else. :)

Chas - (blog hoppin')

me... said...

WAY TO GO JORDAN!!! I love my nano too!!! Finally, DAD!!...lol

James Grayson said...

We held out for years on buying an iPod. I bought a cheaper mp3 player and used it rarely because I didn't like the way it operated. For Christmas I bought my wife an iPod Classic with 80GB so I could have my own playlist in it. I finally got to use it for 30 minutes today and it's pretty sweet! Don't know why we held out so long.

BlogHopping with :beer: !!!!

Chick said...

ah...welcome to the cult. my addiction to the world of ipods and itunes is well-documented

happy bloghoppin~

Johnny said...

CABLEGIRL - Did he get the Motorcycle? Maybe I should by the Wifie a I-PHONE.

CHAS - I avoided it as long as I could... But this thing is Pretty Awesome !!!!

CHRISTY - Don't you dare let your daughter talk to her and tell her about all the other kewl gadgets out there !!!! LOL

QJ :Beer: - We did the mp3 player things too.. The last ipod shuffle we bought her last christmas made its way in the washing machine since it was clipped to her jacket.

CHRISTINE - I will not become ADDICTED .. or will I ? LOL

Anonymous said...

We did the same just last week. My 15 year old wanted one - had to wait until his birthday too - didn't have enough cash himself so we added the rest.
Now he hardly speaks to us, what with the flippin' X Box and now the i-pod.