CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 19, 2008

United Airlines (Mesa Airline) is outta control !!!!

OK Guys and Gals here is how my trip to Wisconsin went. I was to depart Orlando at 0550hrs on Saturday the 12Th on United (Ted) Airlines based out of Mesa, Arizona. I am very pleased to say that the Flight from Orlando to Chicago left without any problems. We watched their version of NBC clips/shows during the flight. I was really impressed with the flight due to the little T.V.'s that drop down from the overheads. I ended up getting to Chicago O'Hare 25 minutes early (0800hrs) and my next flight was not due out until 1025hrs. NO BIGGIE. HA !!!!!!! While I am sitting there another flight was ready to board and running 40 minutes late because they couldn't find the Captain for the plane. After another 15 minutes they cancelled that flight and sent everyone upstairs to reschedule flights.. I was thinking to myself that would so freaking suck. So after I sat there for a couple hours watching people come and go and come and go it is now around 1000hrs. Time to start boarding my little plane that I have to walk outside across the tarmac and up the stairs to my little plane to go to Central Wisconsin. They start boarding all the planes that are do out after mine. At 1025 when I should be departing, they announce as soon as they locate our Captain we will board and depart. (here is where I start worrying that I am going to be stranded in Chicago and my plane will be cancelled like the previous one.) 1115hrs arrives and we have finally found our Captain. (where the hell was he? at the Bar?) We board, and the plane then turns around to prepare for take off. Do you really think we took off? NO, we didn't take off. They could not get one engine to start, so they pull the plane back to the gate and maintenance arrives and declares the plane is a no go. Time to unboard my already late flight and back into the terminals until they find us another plane. It took them 45 minutes to find us another plane and move us to another gate. Are you ready for whats next? WHERE IS THE CAPTAIN???? they spent another 45 minutes looking for a Captain. Did we check the bar AGAIN? I finally lost my cool by this point and the guy that was working the United counter got to be the first to deal with me. He was wearing the United clothes, standing at the United counter and answered the Phones "United Airlines". He told me he works for United but the planes I was flying was Mesa Airlines out of Mesa Arizona and I needed to call their customer service to complain. No one in a united uniform wanted to talk to us. CAPTAIN found and on the plane now. Needless to say I ended up arriving in Central Wisconsin at 1400hrs (2pm) when I was supposed to be there at 1115hrs. On our short little flight we had the nicest flight attendant. She was with us on the grounded plane as well. She took time to talk to me and the guy seated behind me about the airlines. She informed us that Mesa Airlines treats their employees as bad as they do the passengers. She was saying how she was in the hospital with kidney infections for a couple of days. Mesa was calling her in the hospital harassing her about coming back to work. She was like " I am literally in a hospital bed, what I am a supposed to do?" She is only staying with them a few more months and is going to law school. Good For her. She did make the flight enjoyable because with it being so short they did not serve food/beverages. She told everyone she was breaking the red tape on the beverage carts and serving us beverages. Whats the worst they can do to me? FIRE ME she says... Everyone one the plane got FREE, I repeat FREE beer and wine. She also handed out cans of soft drinks for those who didn't want beer or wine.

So I finally arrive In Wausau and get home in time to watch the Packers Game, GO PACKERS !!!!!!!!!
My job testing/interview was Monday the 14Th. I passed all my testing and did great in the interview. I ended up spending almost 4 1/2 hours there. They have already called me since I have been home and they have started my extensive back ground check. Tentative start date Feb 11Th.

Flight home was good. I had no problems leaving to get to Chicago. I had a 3 1/2 hour layover in Chicago which sucked but what can you do right? I took at seat at gate B 20 something (the last gate in the A terminal.) 25 minutes before boarding a very inaudible announcement about Orlando was made. I could not hear what was said. I sat there to see if anyone moved. NO ONE moved. I got up and looked at the screen behind my gates counter. My flight was no longer there. I grabbed my bag, went running down to the departure flight screens and my flight was moved to gate C21. I had 15 minutes to get to another gate to which I had no clue where the hell it was. I go running through O'Hare and find myself going through a tunnel to Terminal C. I get there 3 minutes before boarding starts. They ended up changing actual planes sometime during my sitting at the wrong place for 3 hours. We boarded and took off without a problem. They even played the movie "December Boys" with Daniel Radcliffe from Harry Potter. It was a very good movie.
So I made it home as scheduled and yesterday was my first day at work on the day shift. I overslept this morning for work, but still made it here on time. I really have to get used to getting up at 0430 hrs in the morning now.

Okay, if you are still reading at this point, I suppose I will let you go and gouge your eyes out.. LOL
Be safe and have a Great Day everyone...

0 comments: